The National Environment Management Authority (NEMA) in collaboration with the Department of Geography & Environmental Studies, University of Nairobi (UoN), will host an international scientific conference on Tana River County from 11th to 13th February 2014 in Mombasa. The theme of the conference is: “The Impact of Climate Change on Natural Resources and Human Activities in Tana River County, Kenya.” The sub-themes have been identified as:
(1) Land use and land cover change/sustainable land management.
(2) Irrigation and the environment.
(3) Land tenure systems, conflicts and community livelihoods.
(4) Population dynamics and livelihood systems.
(5) Environmental disasters and coping strategies.
(6) Integrated water resources management in a changing climate.
(7) Agriculture and food security.
(8) Culture and natural resources management.
(9) Biodiversity, ecosystems and tourism.
(10) Geopolitics and development issues.
(11) Climate change adaptation and mitigation.
For more information, click here to download the detailed call for abstracts